Guardian Dojo – Common Rules
- Students will bow and say “OSU” upon entering and leaving the dojo.
- Proper respect will be shown to all senior belts and elders.
- Prior to addressing a senior belt, students will bow and say “OSU.”
- No shoes are to be worn on the dojo floor.
- Students will warm up with a minimum of noise before classes.
- Black belts will be addressed in the following manner:
SHIHAN 5th. Dan and above
SENSEI 3rd. and 4th. Dan
SEMPAI 1st. and 2nd. Dan
- No student will leave the class without permission from the instructor.
- Only a clean white dogi will be worn and any rips or tears must be repaired promptly.
- Fingernails and toenails must be kept trimmed short; students must be clean.
- Any jewelry must be removed prior to training.
- Talking during class will not be tolerated.
- Students will refrain from gossip and disparaging remarks about other schools or styles of Martial Arts.
- All students shall conduct themselves, both inside and outside of the dojo, in such a way as to properly reflect Guardian Dojo and the Kyokushin Karate Organization.
“The Martial Way begins and ends with respect and courtesy.”